Tuesday 17 May 2016

Rainbow Notebook


Hi Laura here to day sharing a bright and colourful note book cover.


This is what I started with.  It is a very thick sturdy board front - it needs to be thick as I will be adding a fair bit of weight.  It was rather orange too so I added a few coats of gesso to neutralise it.


From then on it was just playing with buttons!  I lined up different sizes to minimise the gaps and suck them down with pin flair glue gel.  A glue gun would also work a treat but as I've said before - I can't be trusted with a glue gun!


It's quite important to have the edges as flush as possible so the buttons don't get caught and ping off.  Having said that, I made it a few years ago and all the buttons are still in place.


Anything goes as far as a pattern - I went rainbow but you could do an initial, a heart, a star, sports team colours...


You can find these buttons here along with a large range of others.  I used; turquoise, shocking,scarlet, orange, lemon and lime.

Thanks for stopping by!
Laura

No comments: