Saturday 27 April 2013

Ribbon and Pearl Necklace

Good evening everyone, hope you are well! Its Elaine here with my first ever Crafty Ribbons Inspiration post-I hope you like the Ribbon and pearl necklace I am here to show you :-)
For this project you need some ribbon (I used some ribbon from the Jam pot ribbons in Blueberry here) beads (I used inexpensive pearl beads), jewellery thread, some fabric glue and jewellery findings. I sewed on the pearls and used a running stitch along the ribbon so when the thread was pulled tight you get the interesting folds in between the pearls. I then finished my beading by knotting the end of the thread then hiding this with another fold of ribbon which I glued with fabric glue to ensure it was strong. I used ribbon clamps at the end of my ribbon then attached jump rings and a fastener. 
Hope you all have a fabulous weekend, whatever you are up to! Please pop by the tutorials tab at the top of the page for a couple of tutorials I have made for you too! :-) 
Elaine-xxx-


5 comments:

Laura said...

Love this Elaine!
:)

La Vikinga said...

You are a true artist being able to make this! You should have loved to be at Stockholm Scrap and pearl Event...

La Vikinga

pinky said...

This is just stunning Elaine!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous necklace Elaine, so pretty and a beautiful way to use ribbon :-)

luv
Lols x x x

sparklingblackrose said...

Thank you everyone :-) It did nearly drive me mad I will admit but it was totally worth it :-) Elaine-xxx-